Collection and Use of Personal Information
What Information Does Owaves Collect?
All the data we collect is anonymous. We do NOT collect or store your name, user name, email address, gender, birth date, weight, or height in the App. Owaves anonymously collects information regarding selected activities, notes, and in-app behaviors (for example, how often you may or may not use the Share Button). We do this to improve our services and value to you the customer (for example, in deciding which features to build next or which ones to remove). We will never collect or utilize information unless we believe it is serving you, our customers, better.
What if I Use the Apple Health Feature?
Apple Health gives us the amazing opportunity to allow you to plan AND track your exercise and sleep on the same platform. This has NEVER been done before! (As far as we know.) We handle all iOS Health app and HealthKit data in accordance with Apple’s development guidelines. To view Apple’s HealthKit developer guidelines, go to developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#healthkit. If you turn on Apple Health, we will collect and display your actual exercise and sleep patterns alongside your planned activities. This will only occur if you give us expressed permission in Apple Health on this screen:
What about HIPAA?
E-mail and Other Communications
We may contact you by email only if you sign-up voluntarily for our Newsletter. We will NOT share your email address with any third party. We will use the email address you provide solely to share information about Owaves, our exciting blog, new features and Owaves updates.
We use MailChimp to track our email campaigns and make sure people actually like (i.e. read or click) what we send. If no one likes what we send, we re-evaluate our messaging and change and hopefully improve the content. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by emailing us at: email@example.com or simply clicking “Unsubscribe” from the bottom of any one of those emails.
Will Owaves Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Owaves will neither rent nor sell your personal information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share your personal information in personally identifiable form with third parties only as described below:
• User submissions: Any content or personal information that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by others.
• Protection of Owaves and others: We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with laws; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Owaves, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• With your consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to use Owaves, but that would be boring and lame. We will be adding a button to disable sharing of ANY data to Owaves. Note, that this will mean we cannot provide you personalized features, including data analytics or recommendations.
• Emailing our CEO, Royan Kamyar, M.D., MBA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Emailing our whole team at: email@example.com
• Calling our CEO, Royan Kamyar, M.D., MBA on his cell phone via What’s App at: +1.858.829.7817
Our Company-Wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Owaves employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.